Medication Technician Med Tech
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hourly Pay: $11 - $14
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and Wellness Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administer medications to the residents in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
· Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR)
· Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with company policy. Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to the end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate
· Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel
· Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during the entire shift. Conduct narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policy and procedure
· Provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and ambulation/mobility
· Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or charge nurse, as needed
· Conducts room checks and resident rounds
· Care for sensory enhancement devices such as eyeglasses and hearing aids
· Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation needs
· Monitors for environmental safety hazards
· Assists residents without swallowing difficulty with eating
· Collaborates with associates in other departments to assure necessary care and services are provided
· Provides all necessary care and services to assigned residents and assists other caregivers as needed
· Works collaboratively with peers and other team members
· Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately
· Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility
· Documents provision of services on company forms
· Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory in-services
· Communicates with physicians and third-party specialists, such as home care providers, labs and hospice professionals
· Copies special paperwork or forms
· Response to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner and immediately reports such emergencies to the charge nurse
· Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families
· Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities program
· Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations
· Follows-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other individuals regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns
· Acts as ambassador and public relations representative to guests and other off-campus visitors.
· Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process
· Participates in projects or committees as assigned
· Assists residents with personal correspondence/telephone usage when requested
· Completes housekeeping tasks such as bed-making, linen changes, vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning bathroom
· Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort residents to dining room, assist with set up and clean tables, serve meals, bus tables, etc.)
· Washing residents’ laundry as needed
· Performs related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required Experience for Medication Technician:
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both residents and staff
· Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers transports patients and equipment as appropriate
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· CMA certification
· Experience working with Seniors
· Previous experience as a Medication Technician
Education and Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
· · Minimum 18 years of age
· Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, TB test and physical
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
· Ability to regularly stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items
· Ability to help others with daily activities including but not limited to; bathing, dressing/undressing, dining, exercising, etc.
· Ability to frequently communicate with residents, families, co-workers, etc. Must be able to exchange accurate information in given situations.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Virtual Employee Services (C)
AddressBonita Springs, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Virtual Employee Services (C)