At Mailprotector, the Technical Solutions Specialist has a commanding understanding of our platform and uses that knowledge to help improve our partners’ businesses on a daily basis. Working remotely, most of the day is spent interacting by phone and email with our partners’ and vendors' technical teams. There’s also some knowledge base writing and documentation work as well as training and on-boarding. When those responsibilities are covered there’s always a little software QA and systems testing to be done. The essence of this role is sort-of a zen-like sherpa who guides our partners and users in all things Mailprotector.
This is not a traditional "tech support" role. There is a high level of partner engagement; you represent the face and the brand of our entire team on a regular basis so we require a strong command of interpersonal skills.
This might be a good fit if you:
- Find genuine enjoyment in helping people solve technical problems
- Can patiently help people understand technical issues
- Have worked in B2B or channel environments
- Spent one to three years in an IT-related role
- Are a self starter who wants to work from home
- Regularly have ideas about making things better that you can persuasively communicate
- Are generally the 'go-to' person in your circle of friends when someone needs help with anything technical
- Have a demonstrable track record of pursuing personal and professional growth
- Take responsibility and solve problems
- Actively participate in technology communities
- Have a technology degree or other demonstrable technology experience
- Enjoy the additional freedoms and responsibilities of small company culture
- Are able to enhance the sales cycle by articulating technical expertise with our sales team
Who we are and what we do:
The Mailprotector team provides messaging security, compliance, and management services to companies, non-profits, and governments around the world. We do this exclusively through a network of channel partners who rely on us for this mission critical application. We operate primarily from our headquarters in the historic Ivey's building on Main Street in Greenville, SC and our EMEA office on Midsummer's Blvd in the heart of Milton Keynes, UK.
Other things you should know:
- Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you think it will be. This helps us make sure we find you the right seat on the bus
- We're going to pay much more attention to your cover letter than your resume
- We're first and foremost a team; but that doesn’t mean this is a place to blend in. We are looking for creative, intelligent, opinionated, hard-working teammates who want their efforts and input to matter.
If you think you might be a fit for this role and for our team then we’d love to talk. Please submit your resume and bespoke cover letter. We’ll be back in touch if we think there might be a reason to talk further.