WANTED:Are you ready to take the next step in your career in a company that is passionate about its people and will provide you with the tools to grow? We're on the hunt for aWeb Developer who loves to dig into the details and learn new platforms and technologies while delivering superstar support to our clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver to help with new client website development, support and maintenance as well as researching new tools to add to our toolbox in support of client needs.
The Web Developer is a technical position responsible for developing, documenting, implementing and administering internal and external websites and web-based applications. In this role, you will serve on a team as a technical resource with responsibilities for the development, governance, quality and security of the online user experience. With guidance, you will be expected to manage and develop websites, proactively monitor sites for issues, produce analytics and publish online content. The Web Developer will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the online presence, and focuses on meeting project commitments and deadlines, including communications with clients and internal stakeholders.
A DAY IN THE LIFE WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Participate in web projects, in close coordination with Technology Solutions and Marketing teams to develop, document and implement new web projects along with maintaining existing websites
- Interact with clients, business stakeholders and management to review incoming project requests to identify project scope, timelines and budgets
- CMS (both WordPress and AMS systems) development including setup of sites, options, plugin installation, configuration and maintenance
- Work with other members of the Technology Solutions team to ensure that CMS platforms meet business requirements, are scalable and meet established design and security standards
- Ensure that software code, mobile applications, blogs and web components are up-to-date on all web properties
- Provide project status reports to management by collecting, analyzing and summarizing project data and trends
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years professional experience in web development and web administration. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Experience managing content and production for high traffic websites and managing increasingly complex technical projects in a client facing environment.
- Experience developing for WordPress, applying and updating themes and plugins and general familiarity with content management systems
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, QA and test processes and experience through all phases of the SDLC.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively share technical information with non-technical people within the company and our clients.
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
ABOUT VIRTUAL INC:
We're a leading professional services firm focused on technology consortia and associations.Our clients include organizations led by companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and more, as well as organizations that are tackling some of the biggest problems in the world today, from eating disorders, to space travel to noise pollution. We have decades of experience behind us but we're still growing fast, having fun, and doing new things every day.
For more information regarding our company's mission, our team and benefits visit our Careers Page.
Virtual Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.