Senior Product Designer
- Expired: November 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren't working-over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As a Senior Product Designer at Virta, you will design the tools that our clinicians use to deliver care. Your work will directly impact the lives of our patients and will have a wider impact on the healthcare industry. Our team is small enough that you will have ownership but also a diverse set of peers to collaborate with.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application
- Develop a strong understanding of our clinicians needs and behaviors by conducting user research and spending time with our clinical team
- Rapidly test and iterate your designs using a user-centered design approach
- Own the end-to-end crafting of the user's experience: concept, flows , wireframes, and final visual design using our design system
- Effectively communicate your ideas to cross-functional partners
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to optimize for user needs
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Get to know your team and cross-functional partners
- Gain thorough understanding of clinician needs
- Get up to speed on industry knowledge and internal science
- Enroll in treatment as a patient or viewer to gain understanding of product and treatment protocol
- Successfully ship and iterate on a feature
- Provide feedback/input to VP and UXD team on your experience
- 3-5+ years experience as a Product Designer
- Experience developing concepts through sketches, wireframes, user flows, and final visual design
- Experience designing for Healthcare is preferred, especially designing clinician or health coach interfaces
- Fluency with design tools like Figma
- Experience designing and conducting user research and testing
- Can work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively and creatively
- Familiarity with technical issues and ability to work constructively with engineers
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively to champion user-first design across all levels
- Excellent storytelling skills and is comfortable presenting to teammates, stakeholders, and executives
Virta's company values drive our culture, so you'll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $134,881 - $155,036 ; information about Virta's benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Virta Health
Get fresh Healthcare Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.