LOCATION: Bay City, MI
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Director
The mission of Viridis Laboratories is to ensure health and safety within the cannabis industry by testing cannabis products for potency and purity; and to report results of this testing to consumers, manufacturers and regulatory agencies. As a growing company, we are looking for a full-time laboratory scientist with chemistry/toxicology experience to perform instrumental testing of cannabis products (plants and consumables) at our new 2nd laboratory facility located in the Bay City, Michigan area. Michigan is a medical-marijuana state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sample receipt, accessioning and storage.
- Conducting government-mandated and client-requested product testing, including but not limited to cannabinoid, chemical, microbial and metal content.
- Review and reporting of test results through the laboratory information management system to clients, government agencies and other involved or mandated parties.
- Assisting where necessary of validation, review and updating of Laboratory SOP's.
- Collecting and reviewing applicable quality control data.
- Maintenance of current scientific knowledge in the areas of drug chemistry and toxicology.
- Serve as a resource for scientific knowledge in the area of drug chemistry and toxicology.
- Serve as a resource for scientific and technical expertise for clients, government agencies and peers.
- Assisting with research and method development as needed.
- Training of laboratory personnel as applicable to ensure understanding of and adherence to SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a laboratory science.
- Two years experience in an analytical laboratory setting
- Experience with analysis of pesticides, cannabinoids, solvents and/or metals
- Familiarity with food safety testing and requirements
- Experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS
- Experience with preparation of samples from diverse matrices
- Familiarity with laboratory information management systems
- Faimliarity with accreditation and regulatory processes
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with education & experience (range $21.75 - $36.50/hour). This position is eligible for a matching 401K program and health care benefits.
Applicant screening will include a background check. This position requires compliance with random drug testing. Interested individuals should forward a curriculum vitae to both: