Virginia Veterinary Centers Fredericksburg is expanding it's management team. We are looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician that is an experienced leader to guide our weekend and overnight staff in implementing protocols and quality assurances.
Provides quality patient and client care by leading fellow staff members. Acts as a leader, supervising daily activities of team members, making necessary observations on the job and provides solutions to problems.
$2000 Sign on bonus applies
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Acts as immediate/direct supervisor to the ER Team.
· Directs staff during busy and non-busy shifts to improve efficiency.
· Develops strategies to meet hospital goals.
· Act as a mentor and instills confidence in the team.
· Enforces hospital policies and protocols at all times.
Ensures OSHA Safety and PPE protocols are followed.
· Ensures hospital is kept to cleanliness and maintenance standards through daily hospital walkthroughs.
· Encourages open and direct communication and facilitates communication among staff, diffusing employee personal dilemmas and acting as immediate counsel prior to calling supervisor or manager.
· Works with the Inventory Manager to ensure the ER is stocked while keeping expenses down.
· Demands quality patient and client care.
· Maintains compassion, sympathy and professionalism during high-stress situations.
· Actively pursues highest level of skills available in the hospital.
· Works closely with supervisors and managers when disciplinary actions may be needed.
· Participates in department level meetings
· Upholds VVC’s Core Values
· Performs all other job duties as assigned.
Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
· 3 years experience in the Animal Health industry.
· 2 year post high school education.
· Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
· Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to provide training, mentorship and leadership to staff members.
· The ability to motivate through an understanding of the needs and style of the staff.
· The ability to multi-task , prioritize and produce quality work while making effective decisions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 30.00 Hourly
Virginia Vet Centers