Virginia Tire & Auto's Technicians are experts in automotive repair, knowledgeable about diagnosing cars as well as the parts and services needed. They are passionate about working on cars and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment. As an Automotive Technician with Virginia Tire & Auto, you can expect to turn above average hours in busy shops while earning top flat rate pay and great benefits. You get to do what you love-fix cars. We take care of the rest, making it easy for you to thrive.
WHAT YOU"LL DO
- Diagnose and perform repairs, such as brakes, hydraulics, exhaust, fuel ignition, electrical, suspension, alignment, air conditioning, computer systems etc. on various vehicle makes (no complicated jobs like engine overhauls or major transmission work)
- Coordinate parts ordering with the Service Manager enabling you to be efficient as possible
- Become more than 100% efficient on a daily basis on basic repair and maintenance work with our high car count, no dealership-type warranty work and general service work (oil changes, tire rotations, tire repairs, etc.) performed by dedicated tire & lube techs
- Road test vehicles to ensure repairs are complete
- Experience a modern automotive shop filled with the latest tools and technologies, giving you the opportunity to grow
- Junior to experienced automotive technician positions available, however experience is desired and will be compensated for accordingly
- ASE automotive mechanic certification(s) preferred
- Broad market experience in all areas of automotive service & repair
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Mission matters here. At Virginia Tire & auto our mission is to take the stress out of car care. We do that by taking the stress out of our employees lives by fostering an employee-first culture where employees are appreciated and valued. And by being a values-based business with a conscious. We are looking for individuals to join our team who want to share our values: to be professional, genuine, attentive and forward-thinking.
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU
We provide our employees:
- Energy filled, busy shops
- Predictable schedules
- A clean, professional work environment with a team that wants to see you succeed
- Access to industry best tools and technologies including company supplied automotive scan tools
- A company culture designed to support your career growth
- Industry best paid vacation and holidays
- Affordable health insurance
- Gym Membership Reimbursements
- Life & Disability Insurance
WHO WE ARE
Virginia Tire & Auto is making car care as stress-free as possible. We are proud to be a Top Family Owned Business in the DC area, a Top Shop by Tire Review Magazine and a consistent Best of NOVA Auto Repair winner. Virginia Tire & Auto is committed to employee advancement and growth by offering career paths and stability to its 400+ employees.
Virginia Tire & Auto promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
Virginia Tire & Auto is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.