Property Accountant - Virginia International Raceway
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grow with us! Do you love hospitality and numbers? We do! Do you love working with great people? We do! Taylor Hospitality is growing our portfolio of properties and we need great accounting professionals to join our hospitality team at the Virginia International Raceway Office located outside of Danville, VA
Compensation: 55,000 - 60,000 annual salary.
Additional Benefits: health, dental, and vision include vacation time, personal and sick time, 401K, Life insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and other market-related benefits. The best benefit is working with great people!
Our VIR Property Accountant is responsible for financial reporting and bookkeeping for our hospitality operations located at the Virginia International Raceway. The Property Accountant will work with the Assistant Financial Controller to develop and maintain accounting practices and procedures to ensure that all financial documents are accurate in a timely manner. You will be responsible for group billing and collection of catering functions and race groups at VIR. Your work will be distributed and completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will also help the Assistant Financial Controller develop and implement processes that facilitate the collection, verifying, and reporting of all financial data.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Controller in managing all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Controller in transitions of new property acquisition.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Controller in establishing, modifying, and coordinating the implementation of accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Controller in analyzing and recognizing all financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Perform accurate and timely completion of the monthly and annual financial closing processes.
- Perform month-end closing of A/P and A/R modules and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform variance analysis of and account reconciliation for assigned GL accounts, taking corrective action, as necessary, to adjust the GL based on the analysis.
- Generate data and reports for the monthly management reporting package, as assigned.
- Assist the Accounting Clerk in A/P and A/R processes as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to you by the Director of Finance or the Director of HR.
- Actively promotes energy and positive attitudes daily because life is too short, and you have a wonderful job with an incredible boss.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or equivalent via education and/or work experience.
- 2 to 4 years of financial analysis and accounting experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of Accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end closing, and other various accounting experience.
- Proficiency in the financial module of the ERP system.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and the scientific method.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and or M3 Accounting Systems
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company - Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, and hospitality operations. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence, and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity!
Virginia International Raceway
Get fresh Love Productions jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.