Members of our dedicated care team work directly with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to ensure the highest level of care to our patients. In many practices of our multi-specialty Physician Group, our Medical Assistant Care Team members may also be asked to perform phlebotomy, prepare specimens for transport to labs, perform simple laboratory procedures, take vital signs, prepare patients for procedures, assist with patient flow, and provide general support for practice operations.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Minimum 1 year of phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program/degree
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association and knowledge of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard.
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system and computer program for data entry and retrieval. Understanding of medical terminology is required.
Education: Understanding of medical terminology is required. Post high school degree, MA certification, or comparable training is required.
- CCMAs (Certified Clinical Medial Assistants), AAMAs (American Association of Medical Assistants) and/or MAs certified through the American Medical Technologies (AMT) are strongly preferred. MA candidates who are not certified must agree to be certified within 6 months of initiation of employment.
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Complete the online application at: https://careers-virginiahospitalcenter.icims.com/jobs/2827/medical-assistant--primary-care-arlington/job
2. Complete the electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire) *VERY IMPORTANT* In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only complete the application without the talent assessment won't be considered.