Certified Pharmacy Technician
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
Under supervision of a registered pharmacist, performs the technical tasks involved with the storage, distribution, packaging, labeling of medication and associated record-keeping and patient billing systems.
Pay & Benefits: Commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Maintains a working knowledge of the use of all equipment in the IV admixture preparation area.
- Performs duties to support medication provision to specialty areas by preparing emergency medication trays, sterile talc, sterile glycerin and floor stock medication requests.
- Takes responsibility for identifying medication and supply inventory needs and communicating directly to the pharmacy buyer and/or supervisor to assure procurement is completed.
- Completes all equipment and IV room quality assurance documentation as required by JCAH, the State Board and OSHA.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the required functions in Information Systems to complete required assignments including:crediting and charging patients for medications, generation of the patient fill list, anesthesia billing
- Completes all labeling requirements for medication compounding/preparation and filling. Responsible person's initials, lot numbers, where appropriate, necessary warning labels, and expiration dates are consistently present and legible.
- Demonstrates the ability and competency to re-package unit dose medications with established guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy.
- Minimum of three (3) years in an institutional setting preferred.