- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Virginia Health Services is looking for a great Staff Accountant to join our dedicated team!
A career with VHS means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose dedication and compassion are recognized and valued.
We believe in quality of life and want to help you live your best life too so, we offer opportunities to grow (tuition assistance, in-house training and more)
The Accountant reports to the Controller and assists with the accounting functions of the business office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares all monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Processes all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
- Prepares quarterly and year end payroll reports.
- Maintains fixed asset schedules.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Complies with all established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to perform the above stated essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- 30 day working notice is required for voluntary termination of employment.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
We are locally owned and have operated for over 50 years, Virginia Health Services seeks kind and compassionate employees to join our family-like team. We take pride in delivering outstanding long-term care nursing services to our friends and neighbors in this community, just as we would want for our own family members. Likewise, we believe in supporting our staff with opportunities for personal growth and professional advancement, as well as providing excellent benefits!
Recognizing you have many options; VHS offers many perks to being part of our team!
- Rewarding & meaningful relationships with our residents and other mission-minded coworkers.
- Competitive pay rates including higher entry-level salaries among major local health care providers.
- Most full and part time employees are eligible for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Group Health and Dental Insurance Programs.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days to eligible full and part-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employee contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualified staff who further their job-related education.
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!
Learn more about caring community today: http://www.vahs.com
Virginia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Virginia Health Services
AddressNewport News, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Virginia Health Services