Social Worker (MSW) - Virginia Home Health Care
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Virginia Health Services is hiring a Social Worker (MSW) for Virginia Home Health Care located in Newport News, VA. This is a Full Time position!
The Social Worker has the following responsibilities:
- Develops social histories on residents through information obtained from referral sources, appropriate social agencies, residents and family members or friends.
- Evaluates the resident's social situation; incorporates into the resident's overall care plan an assessment of specific needs, measurable goals and progress.
- Helps resident understand their need for placement and assists in dealing with placement.
- Works closely with outside agencies and services involved in the residents plan of care.
- Committee responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with all established policies and procedures.
- Promote and demonstrate positive customer service towards VHS, co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- Participates in the evaluation of resident's need for continued care (through periodic review) and of the feasibility of return to the community.
- Coordinate and conduct care plan meetings.
- Input MDS information and psychosocial care plan goals into computer.
- Documents findings in medical record.
- Coordinate discharges from the facility.
- Initiate paperwork for patient intensity rating system review and level changes.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Human Services field including but not limited to sociology, gerontology, special education, rehabilitation counseling and psychology from an accredited program.
- One year supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills.
- Familiarity with medical and legal terminology.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret complex information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, residents, family members and visitors.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste and smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 25 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous materials.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and headquartered in Newport News, Virginia since 1963, Virginia Health Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services. Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to the well-being and quality care of our residents.
A career with Virginia Health Services means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in quality of life and want to help you live your best life too!
Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!
Learn more about us at: http://www.vahs.com
Virginia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Virginia Health Services
AddressNewport News, VA
GovernmentView all jobs at Virginia Health Services