Virginia Health Home Care, part of Virginia Health Servicesis hiring aRN: Home Health.This is a Full Time position.
We are hiring for the following locations:
- Peninsula (Newport News/Hampton)
- Southside(Norfolk/Virginia Beach)
The RN: Home Health has the following responsibilities:
- Provides skilled nursing services in accordance with the orders of a physician and under a plan of care in a patient's home. Has the responsibility for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counsel, care and health teaching of the ill, injured, or confined, and the maintenance of health and prevention of illness of others.
- Records the health needs of the patient.
- Performs and completes start-of-care, re-certifications, resumption-of-care, and discharge Comprehensive OASIS assessment and associated paperwork in accordance to agency policy.
- Initiates Plan of Care, revises as necessary.
- Evaluates the effects of the care given and regularly reevaluates the patient's nursing needs.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill based on the physician's orders and the nursing diagnosis. Examples of such services include, but are not limited to; physical assessment, patient and family teaching, urinary catheter insertion and care, venipuncture and administration of IV fluids or medications, dressing changes, sterile and nonsterile.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Counsels the patient and his/her family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Acts as the coordinator of the health care team in order to maintain the proper linkages with a continuum of care.
- Coordinates the care of all patients in his/her case load.
- Makes referrals to other agencies or services as needed.
- Provides summary reports to the patient's physician about patient under care when the patient's condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of care, or at least every 60 days.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes on the relevant and specialized nursing services he/she provides and maintain a clinical record for each patient receiving care.
- Submission of documentation per agency policy.
- Participates in Clinical Record Reviews.
- Participates in in-service programs and staff meetings.
- Directs the activities of the licensed practical nurse.
- Makes the home health aide assignment, prepares written instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the home.
- Complies with Homecare Agency Compliance Plan.
- Complies with Homecare Agency's Infection Control Policies.
- Complies with Homecare Agency's HIPAA Policies.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and holds current Virginia RN license.
- Must possess and maintain proof of current CPR training.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in general nursing practice.
- Should have supervisory and good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others, function well under pressure, and function independently.
- Must comply with the standards outlined in the Nurse Practice Act.
Why join Virginia Health Services?
Locally owned and operated for over 50 years, Virginia Health Services seeks kind and compassionate employees to join our family-like team. We take pride in delivering outstanding long-term care nursing services to our friends and neighbors in this community, just as we would want for our own family members. Likewise, we believe in supporting our staff with opportunities for personal growth and professional advancement, as well as providing excellent benefits!
Recognizing you have many options; VHS offers many perks to being part of our team!
- Rewarding & meaningful relationships with our residents and other mission-minded coworkers.
- Competitive pay rates including higher entry-level salaries among major local health care providers.
- Most full and part time employees are eligible for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Group Health and Dental Insurance Programs.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days to eligible full and part-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employee contribution annual basis.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualified staff who further their job-related education.
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!
Learn more about caring community today: http://www.vahs.com
Virginia Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Virginia Health Services