International Business Development Manager
Virginia Economic Development Partnership Vienna, VA
- Expired: July 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced international business development professional to assist Virginia-based companies in generating international sales.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a broad range of companies from the Northern Virginia region as they grow their export sales. By recruiting and managing a portfolio of companies to participate in VEDP - International Trade’s programs and services, this position will consult with companies to provide advice and guidance on entering new international markets.
This position will also facilitate access to international trade development resources provided by VEDP, such as customized market research, international matchmaking, export compliance, and grants to help Virginia companies grow their international sales.
This position reports to the Vice President of International Trade and is part of VEDP’s International Trade division, which is recognized as the leading state international trade development program in the U.S. VEDP offers an attractive benefits package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that vests in just five years.
- Recruit companies from Northern Virginia to participate in VEDP - International Trade programs and services
- Consult with companies to develop international business development plans and track progress toward goals
- Provide advice and guidance on entering new international markets and growing international sales
- Maintain relationships with companies that are currently enrolled in programs and those that have completed programs
- Lead delegations of Virginia companies attending international trade shows and participating in international matchmaking appointments, approximately 1-2 times per year
- Maintain proper documentation of program materials and ensure deadlines are met to provide excellent service to Virginia companies
- Collaborate with private sector service providers, regional organizations, and industry associations to increase awareness of international trade development services provided by VEDP - International Trade
- Collaborative business development manager who is a self-starter in the generation of new clients
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- Strong experience in export practices and international business development
- Considerable knowledge of foreign business practices and federal regulations pertaining to the export of goods/services is requested
- A bachelor’s degree in international business, or related field, or equivalent work experience is required
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required
- Candidates must have U.S. worker authorization status
This position works with companies throughout Northern Virginia, with the exception of Fairfax County. This region includes Loudoun County, Fauquier County, Prince William County, Falls Church, Arlington, Alexandria, Stafford County, King George County, Fredericksburg, and Spotsylvania County. Regular travel within the region and occasional international travel are required. Salary commensurate with experience.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin on July 28, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120.
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
BusinessView all jobs at Virginia Economic Development Partnership