Virginia Distillery Company - Operations Analyst
The Virginia Distillery Co., a single malt whisky distillery located half an hour south of Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an Operations Analyst. The primary focus of this position is supporting the Operations Director and functional areas of: (i) financial and operations reporting, (ii) supply chain and logistics management, and (iii) end-to-end inventory management.
We work hard to bring our category-defining American Single Malt Whisky to market. Our distilling operations started in November of 2015, and 2020 will mark the first year we launch our own grain-to-glass flagship whisky, Courage & Conviction. It’s a very exciting time to join our fast-paced team where you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats, work within a passionate close-knit group, and support our rapid national expansion. We’re data driven. We think big. We stay positive. And we have fun (there’s really good whisky).
- Deliver reporting, analysis and insights to inform strategic decision making with respect to financial, sales, and operational goals.
- Support the Leadership Team and company-wide operations with simple, timely, and accurate information and analysis as well as aid in monitoring, evaluating and improving performance and related metrics of the Supply Chain operation
- Develop and maintain accurate, complex Excel and Power BI models
- Work collaboratively across teams in support of Supply Chain management needs and our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Inventory management – Procurement and ordering of production materials, maintain relationships with vendors, ownership of inventory within our accounting software, monitor levels and manage movements
- Assess current operations for opportunities on optimization and deliver significant cost advantages to VDC
- Tackle problems and discover opportunities through data analysis
- Ownership of data integrity and controls
- Participate in management activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing VDC’s competitive advantage
- Assistance in management of company computing systems
- Support of company regulatory, compliance, and legislative efforts
- Bachelor's degree required (Business (Finance), Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain Management field preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in operations, finance, or supply chain, preferably as an analyst
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build clear models
- Experience developing and improving processes
- Experience with project management best practices
- Ability to deliver work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage deadlines, organize and prioritize work and work with other functional teams
- Exceptional user of Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
- The ability and desire to 'wear many hats' and move quickly
- An understanding of consumer-packaged goods (CPG) company operations, sales and supply chain management
- Exercises sound judgment to effectively solve problems
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong ability to communicate complex issues across departments and with external contacts
- Excellent communication including written, verbal and presentation to senior level audience
A full background check and drug screening may be required.
This is a salaried full-time position with benefits and is eligible for participation in our bonus and Employee Equity Program. The role will be primarily serving our offices in Lovingston, VA but may require some travel. While being on-site for training will be needed in the first 3 months of employment, we offer the flexibility to work from home multiple days a week.