VIRGINIA COMMERCIAL SPACE FLIGHT AUTHORITY
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer I
Supervision Received: Engineering Manager
Supervision Given: None
Pay Band: Job Code: Effective Date:
General Description: Under supervision, with general direction and oversight, this position is primarily responsible for supporting the technical oversight of assigned engineered systems. Areas of support include: cryogenic, pneumatic, fuel, electrical, control, hydraulic, structural, HVAC, and water systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform designs and system reviews to verify systems are designed in accordance with national codes and standards, as well as verifying the system performance is optimal for requested need.
- Assist in requirements development with customers to verify requests are within available system operating parameters with proper margins.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance Team to perform system activation, initial data analys
- Develop and review flow and stress analysis to verify system design is adequate and proper for operating conditions. This includes fluid and gas system modeling
- Develop and review solid models and mechanical drawing packages to verify system design is adequate and proper for operating conditions. This includes fluid and gas system modeling.
- Provides guidance and instruction on design, as well as functional and operational understanding all mechanical systems at MARS facilities.
- Directs coordination with other internal groups including Operations and Maintenance, Quality and Safety, and the management teams as needed.
- Develops task requirements and task plans that include budget/cost estimates, schedule, and performance criteria, while maintaining compliance with all Management, Quality, and Safety Policies.
- Develops engineering documentation, technical calculations, and design review packages for mechanical systems at MARS facilities.
- Supervises and participates in field inspections and reviews to assess conformance with design and operational requirements.
- Supervises and generates system change documentation to increase operating efficiency, performance, safety, and reliability.
- Responsible for oversight and management of maintenance, alteration, and operational tasks safely, efficiently and within allocated budget/schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this title. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. They are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
College: High School Degree Major: General
Job-Related Experience: At least one year of directly related work experience with electrical systems is required. Direct work experience with electrical power system design and implementation is desired.
Licenses, etc.: Valid driver's license is necessary when operating a vehicle while on agency business.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of engineering-related laws and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related programs.
- SharePoint experience preferred.
- Time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates high professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
Physical Demands: Work is light requiring lifting of computer equipment and involves typical office behaviors. Some travel is required to other counties.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a typical office setting.
My signature below acknowledges that I have read the above job description and agree that I can perform the responsibilities as presented. I understand this job description provides a general outline of job responsibilities and requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive. I also understand that job responsibilities and requirements may change at any given time based on organization or departmental needs.
Employee Name Employee Signature
Virginia Commercial Space23337, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.