Customer Service Representative
- Expired: March 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Customer Service and Sales Manager the Customer Service Representative is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for all visitors to the shelter, demonstrated by: consistently providing the highest level of customer service; showing compassion for animals and people; maintaining accurate and complete records; and providing services to the public in a timely manner.
Performs in this position in accordance with the organization’s expectations for animal care, teamwork, and interpersonal relations, and actively contributes to improving service delivery, communication and consistency.
- Respond to customer questions and concerns quickly and professionally.
- Answer multi-line phone system, ensuring messages are forwarded to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all intake, adoption, donation, and lost/found paperwork.
- Sales of merchandise and city licenses.
- Receive payments, reconcile computer invoices, and close out registers.
- Generate daily financial and animal reports.
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby and front desk area.
- Promote and maintain the humane care and treatment of animals at all times.
- Counsel clients on adoption and intake decisions, as well as best care practices.
- Advise clients on animal cruelty protocols.
- Set up cages for animals and assist with stabilization.
- Fully participate in shelter efforts to offer all clients superior customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with animal welfare organizations and basic animal care knowledge is required.
- Customer Service experience.
- Basic level computer skills using various standard office programs such as Word and Excel or other similar type programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly VBSPCA’s mission and the humane care and treatment of animals to the public and staff.
- Must be able to represent VBSPCA professionally at all times.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, in a fast-paced setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to restrain animals in a safe and appropriate manner
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to clean cattery and deal with offensive odors.
- Ability to comfortably interact with animals, including wildlife.
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to move throughout the building as needed to meet the requirements of the job.
- Physically able to be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
Virginia Beach S P C A Inc.
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Virginia Beach S P C A Inc.