- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you decide to accept it…
The Line Cook, our soldier in the trenches. You are an all-around ninja. From prepping ingredients to putting out dishes you do it cleanly and quietly (do to open kitchens). You love to watch our guests walk away happy. You’re very driven by fresh local food and want to be a part of creating the next best thing.
Our Food and Beverage areas are sure to impress! This won’t just be a restaurant, or a hotel banquet operation. It will be a culinary hub for gatherings and entertaining. Open for all meal periods and late night snacks. Our goal is to create an ambiance where locals and visitors feel at home and we always have something up our sleeve to impress. This is achieved with a solid grounded team lead by a seasoned hospitality professional.
This position is made for someone who is a hard worker and is driven by learning and excitement to create memorable cuisine for a great guest experience each and every day. This person executes recipes that directly impact every outlet of the hotel.
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
- Taste, Taste, Taste! It all starts here. You will be responsible for preparing recipes that come off your line. Making sure that every time it is made it taste the same. All in all just make sure it’s delicious.
- I got a guy! You are the “guy” making it happen. You must eat, sleep and live Food not only do you have to work the line putting up plates you have to prep the line. Having many different cuisines across all of the outlets makes it fun and exciting. It sounds like a lot but don’t worry you got this.
- Communication is key! You are the on the line putting up food with other stations. Having a sold communication bond with team mates sets us up for success. Being able to listen and adapt is very important. Having a team that can communicate with one another is the heart of any organization.
- Clean and organized! You are Mr. Clean making sure that we are following heath codes is important. We want to make it a clean safe work environment. Sanitation buckets at all times. You love fresh product and so does the guest, a sharpie and a label is your new best friend
- Team work! Yes that right we are a working family. We rely on each other day in and day out. You treat everyone with respect both back and front of the house. If someone needs help, help them.
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have definitely come to the right place…
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds
- You must have at least 1-2 years of savory line experience.
- Great team player with the ability to create excellent working relationships across the group.
- Ability to adapt to change in menus and concepts
- Strong communication skills to all team members.
- Knife skills are a must
- Creativity and innovation are essential!
- Product knowledge, yeah you have to actually know what you are talking about. If you don’t know it, you research it
- Find solutions before problems arise.
- You must know weights and measurements
- Anticipate needs and over deliver wherever possible
- Candidates must think on their feet and use their initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures. The kitchens need to be clean, organized and sanitary. Proper temperature procedures are always in place.
- Organization, your mise en place, is en place.
- Able to change direction and work on multiple project aspects at once as needed.
- Behavior consistent with Virgin Hotels Core Values: Fun, innovative, original and personable, and striving to deliver high quality and brilliant customer service
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Food Service Handler Card that is currently valid for a minimum of at least 6 months
- Preferred: 2-3 years’ experience in a full service restaurant or lounge in hotel management
Virgin Hotels Dallas
Get fresh COOK III jobs daily straight to your inbox!