Technical Machine Operator, Entry - 1st Shift - Welding Dept.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Sets up, modifies existing programs, and/or operates computer numeric controlled equipment to promote safe, efficient operations.
- Sets up and operates technical equipment.
- Sets up and operates computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment.
- Must be able to read prints and measuring devices.
- Must be able to help troubleshoot equipment.
- Requires some guidance from Team Leader or Production Supervisor.
- Checks product for quality and completeness.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Works at different workstations to meet production requirements.
- Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are standardized, selecting from written instructions and established procedures.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex issues to higher levels.
- Must be able to work under minimal or no supervision.
- Minimizes the scrapped material being produced by machinery.
- Follows all the safety regulations and procedures. Identifies potential hazards in the work area.
- Performs all duties of production associate.
- Attends all scheduled safety meetings.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Must be able to use and read tape measure.
- Must be able to read and follow production work orders.
- Reports type and quantity of parts made or worked on.
- Performs overtime as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Good communication skills, good basic mathematical skills, and good analytical abilities.
- Good teamwork skills, able to meet quality requirements, flexible, and able to meet and maintain performance standards.
- Must be flexible with required working hours, including overtime.
- Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to other departments as needed
- A minimum of 6 months of prior technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder level and to occasionally bend and/or stoop. Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 to10 hours. Must be able to use a computer, tape measure, 2-wheel dolly, 4-wheel dolly, pallet jack, electric drill, and air drill. Will be required to wear proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely perform job duties. Must be able to work in and adjust to varying temperatures and associated environmental factors, and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Virco MFG. Corpoation
Get fresh Entry Level Machine Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.