Production Associate, Entry - 1st Shift - Metal Shop
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a safety sensitive position.
On floor, bench or conveyor lines, performs diversified and intricate assembly and manufacturing operations on a variety of products. Lays out and determines operations sequence. Assists and works with different automatic and semiautomatic machinery in the factory as well as performing manual tasks.
- Checks product for quality and completeness.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Performs various tasks and processes in manufacturing environment.
- Helps in performing set-ups by checking materials and getting necessary tools and jigs to manufacture products.
- Inspects the finished product for good quality and for the correct color, measurements, label and material used.
- Works at different workstations to meet production requirements.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are standardized, selecting from written instructions and established procedures.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex issues to higher levels.
- Must be able to work in a team of employees rotating various job functions with team members.
- Must work under minimal or no supervision.
- Minimizes the scrapped material being produced by machinery.
- Keeps record of inventory in an accurate and efficient manner on a daily basis.
- Routes product accordingly within the department. Follows all the safety regulations and procedures. Able to identify potential hazards in the work area.
- Able to operate various machines, equipment or tools used in manufacturing.
- Attends all scheduled safety meetings.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 months to one year of prior related experience is preferred.
- Applies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Must have good working ability with hand tools.
- Able to distinguish among the different colors available and measurement of products.
- Knowledge of basic math skills, reading and interpreting blueprints, use of tape measure, and knowledge of various machines, manufacturing or assembly processes is preferred.
- Must be flexible with required working hours, including overtime.
- Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to other departments as needed
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chest and shoulder level. Occasionally push and/or pull up to 100 pounds with a manual or electrical pallet jack. Must be able to withstand 8 to 10 hours on a concrete surface. Will be using hydraulic and electrical hand tools, such as the pneumatic drill, glue gun, hammer, and rivet machine. Must wear applicable and proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely perform job duties. Must be able to adjust physically to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and cold) and adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Virco MFG. Corpoation
Get fresh Entry Level Safety Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.