Software Engineer - Virbela - (REMOTE)
We are one of the first all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members utilizing our virtual office called eXp world. This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
Who is Virbela?
Virbela, a subsidiary of eXp Realty, was born from a desire to redefine and improve the future of remote work, social connectivity, and distance learning. By creating an inclusive, community-driven online space that promotes productivity, collaboration, and realistic interactions, we empower companies to grow and scale their businesses and ideas - faster, more efficiently, and more sustainably.
What You Will Do:
Virbela is looking for a skilled and motivated Software Engineer with 1-4 years of experience in C# and Unity 3D development to join our enterprise metaverse technology team. Our ideal candidate is able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of industry standards and practices for developing highly interactive virtual experiences. This can include experience in software development for games, simulations, or other multimodal platforms.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Participate in an Agile development team rituals
- Develop software to solve highly technical problems in a timely manner
- Collaboratively contribute to the design and implementation of new features
- Maintain existing software and unit tests
- Quickly identify and remediate software defects
- Continuously focus on knowledge and skill development and self-improvement
- Be a team player and help others succeed
How You Will Grab Our Attention:
- BS/MS Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical background with 1-4 years of software engineering experience
- Unity 3D and C#
- SOLID software design principles
- Asynchronous design patterns
- Utilizing 3rd party APIs and SDKs
- Developing high-quality, unit-testable software
- Writing concise software and system documentation
- Implementing solutions balanced for performance, scalability, and extensibility
- Familiar with modern compliance/security software standards
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with UX / UI design and principles
- Experience designing developer tooling
- Familiarity with cloud services: AWS, Azure, etc
- Experience with web technologies: js, html, node, etc
- Diverse language experience: C++, java, python, php, etc
If you think you'd make a great match for this position but don't meet all the requirements, we would still encourage you to apply!
What Virbela Provides:
Virbela is pleased to offer its staff a full and competitive benefits package. Highlights include:
- Full employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance with buy up options
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock Options
- Generous paid time off policy
- Company Discounts
eXp Realty and its affiliated companies are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
TechnologyView All VirBELA Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.