Paralegal Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
(HIRING) PARALEGALS & LEGAL ASSISTANTS (GREAT PAY)
MAJOR LAW FIRMS are in need of a reliable and proactive Paralegals & Legal Assistants. The Paralegals & Legal Assistants will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including, but not limited to, document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, fact checking; discovery responses; deposition prep and notices; reservation of travel; expense reporting; preparation and filing of legal documents; and trial preparation. Our caseload is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all our clients’ needs
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
· Organizes, enters and cross-references documents in a computerized database.
· Prepares discovery requests and responses.
· Assists general counsel organizing and carrying out special projects as assigned.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Some related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Looking for Work or Better Pay. Apply or Email us Your Resumes.
Viper Staffing Services
AddressBeverly Hills, CA
Get fresh Paralegal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!