Vintage Park at Vintage Park Gardner's Wellness Director is in charge of the nursing department at the community. The Wellness Director set the tone and culture in our community and will work hand in hand with the Executive Director to ensure that all needs and care are provided with the highest quality. Salary will be based on management experience.
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibility of the Wellness Director is to oversee all aspects of the Wellness Department so that residents receive excellent physical and psychosocial care in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. The Wellness Director position reports to the Executive Director.
• Monitors and assures quality in all aspects of wellness program including medication management, provision, and documentation of services, follow-through of physician orders and family/resident requests, assessments, and service plans.
• Hires, supervises, motivates, and evaluates all wellness department associates; Plans, schedules and assigns work to wellness department associates to ensure coverage on a 24/7 basis; Promotes and facilitates interactive problem solving with associates.
• Conducts pre-occupancy level of care assessments on all potential residents and assures completion of on-going assessments and service plans.
• Directs and supervises medication program, including but not limited to medication administration.
• Ensures all medications have proper orders and labels.
• Coordinates move-ins and assures timely completion of all required move-in documentation.
• Investigates and documents resident and associate incidents, identifies
safety hazards, and institutes corrective action in a timely manner;
Shares in the responsibility for providing and maintaining an environment
that is conducive to the safety and physical and emotional well-being of
residents and associates.
• Coordinates services with Home Health, Rehab, Lab, Podiatrist, and/or
Hospice services as needed.
• Conducts new associate orientation; Coordinates and provides initial and
on-going in-service training.
• Monitors care staff proficiency in caregiving; Completes clinical skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Must be a licensed nurse in state where you work.
• Minimum of two years nursing experience.
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
• Experience in an Assisted Living setting preferred.
• Dementia care experience preferred.
• Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills and capability of
relating to a variety of people and personalities; Considerable initiative,
judgment, and leadership skill are also required.
• Must possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting,
bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required; Must
be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and
upon request of supervisor.
Benefits include: Bonuses opportunity, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Life Insurance
A trusted name in senior living, Grace Management is dedicated to the long-term satisfaction and quality of life of our residents. By continually reinvesting in our team and our communities and evolving our service model to meet the needs of residents today and tomorrow, we bring strength and stability to everything we do.
Why Work Here?At Vintage Park we believe that we should hire the heart and train the person. We are looking for passionate people who love what they do. Or philosophy is that It's not Like home it Is Home for our residents. We know that quality care comes form quality staff. A trusted name in senior living, Grace Management is dedicated to the long-term satisfaction and quality of life of our residents. By continually reinvesting in our team and our communities and evolving our service model to meet the needs of residents today and tomorrow, we bring strength and stability to everything we do.
Come work where you are Appreciated! We believe in creating a culture that of a family. So Welcome to the FAMILY we are honored to have you.