Looking to add CMA's to our Team. We have both Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibilities of the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) are to: 1) Administer or assist with the administration and/or supervision of medications to the residents in a safe, accurate, and timely manner (dependent on State regulations); and 2) Provide physical and psycho-social care to all residents in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. This position reports to the supervisor on duty as well as the Wellness Director.
• Administers or assists with or supervises the administration of medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
• Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with Company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
• Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
• Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provides assistance with activities of daily living such as with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and ambulation/mobility.
• Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
• Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families.
• Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
• Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility.
• Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or charge nurse, as needed.
• Assists residents with swallowing difficulty with eating.
• Responds to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner; Immediately reports such emergencies to the charge nurse and /or Wellness Director.
• Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and follows established infection control procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
• Ensures cleanliness of residents' rooms and promptly reports all violations of safety and sanitation rules to supervisor.
• Documents provision of services on company forms.
• Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• Satisfactory completion of state-required education/certificates/testing in relation to medication aides as well as the Company Medication Aide Skills Competency Checklist.
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
• Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
• Experience in Assisted Living preferred.
A trusted name in senior living, Grace Management is dedicated to the long-term satisfaction and quality of life of our residents. By continually reinvesting in our team and our communities and evolving our service model to meet the needs of residents today and tomorrow, we bring strength and stability to everything we do.