Looking to add CMA's to our Team. We have both Full-time and Part-time positions available. Offering Shift Differential and Sign on Bonus!
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibilities of the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) are to: 1) Administer or assist with the administration and/or supervision of medications to the residents in a safe, accurate, and timely manner (dependent on State regulations); and 2) Provide physical and psycho-social care to all residents in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. This position reports to the supervisor on duty as well as the Wellness Director.
• Administers or assists with or supervises the administration of medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
• Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with Company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
• Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
• Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provides assistance with activities of daily living such as with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and ambulation/mobility.
• Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
• Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families.
• Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
• Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility.
• Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or charge nurse, as needed.
• Assists residents with swallowing difficulty with eating.
• Responds to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner; Immediately reports such emergencies to the charge nurse and /or Wellness Director.
• Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and follows established infection control procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
• Ensures cleanliness of residents' rooms and promptly reports all violations of safety and sanitation rules to supervisor.
• Documents provision of services on company forms.
• Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• Satisfactory completion of state-required education/certificates/testing in relation to medication aides as well as the Company Medication Aide Skills Competency Checklist.
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
• Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
• Experience in Assisted Living preferred.