Vintage Healthcare Center is proud to be a provider of high quality care servicing the Denton community. We are under new management and currently have an opening for a qualified and dedicated ADON to lead our clinical team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when necessary.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a patient's/resident's condition.
- Assist in ensuring quality nursing care to all residents/patients. Supports and practices the philosophy, nursing objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing.
- Includes the philosophy, objectives and standards of the nursing department in the orientation and education of nursing service personnel.
- Participates in the implementation of the patient/resident care planning process to comply with patient/resident needs and regulatory agency requirements.
- Makes frequent rounds on nursing units, on all shifts, to assess performance of nursing staff and monitor the quality of care provided to patients/residents.
- Assists with ensuring nursing department compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Participates in internal audits of nursing practice and in the plan of correction when deficits are identified.
- Participates in ensuring all facets of the nursing budget are within established parameters.
- Participates in the quality assessment and improvement process and activities.
- Ensures that the nursing department is adequately staffed to provide quality care to patients/residents.
- Establishes and facilitates effective employer/employee relations.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting nursing service personnel based on facility need as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Ensures all forms and processes related to hiring are completed on new employees.
- Responsible for staffing the nursing department at a level congruent with patient/resident needs, budgeted positions and employee requests.
- Schedules nursing manpower to support individual and group activities for patients/residents out of the facility.
- Participates in orientation sessions for nursing service personnel.
- Assists with evaluation of performance of all levels of nursing service personnel.
- Ensures the provision of in-service/staff development programs that contribute to meeting nursing objectives and standards and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Provides clinical expertise to facilitate and support the nursing process in patient/ resident interventions.
- Makes nursing rounds in a manner that identifies specific patient/resident problems and monitors plan of action implemented by nursing.
- Assesses technical skills of nursing personnel by observation of various nursing procedures.
- Assesses nursing judgments made in specific situations to determine staff competence and to identify staff knowledge and performance deficits.
- Acts as clinical expert or facilitator in specific patient/resident situations.
- Identifies clinical problem areas for Director of Nursing and assists with development of plan of correction.
- Acts as clinical expert in facilitating the patient/resident care planning process.
- Assists in the development of a daily patient/resident care assignment that meets patient/resident/facility needs.
- Assists in ensuring a safe and sanitary environment for patients/residents, employees and visitors.
- Participates in ensuring a safe environment for patients/residents, staff and family.
- Monitors and reviews patient/resident incidents to identify possible legal issues and to identify patterns that might require preventive intervention, reports findings to QM and DON.
- Implements infection control policies and procedures as outlined in the company program. Ensures that all nursing staff is educated and utilize infection control practices that protect staff, patients, residents and families.
- Acts as Director of Nursing in the absence of same as described in the Director of Nursing position description if designated by DON (responsibility of QM as well).
- Understands the expectations of the Director of Nursing and related delegated authority.
- Assumes full responsibility for the Department of Nursing when functioning in this role
- Exercises administrative and functional supervision over nursing personnel as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Serves as a member of facility committees as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Participates in the development, implementation and revision of facility policies, standards and procedures.
- And much more!
Vintage Health Care Center