Job Purpose Summary
Perform duties related to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. Keep all food products fresh and at proper temperature, according Vintage Grocers standards. Maintain cleanliness in support of a productive and profitable store, including product quality and presentation, portion control, speed and efficiency, and cleanliness. Assist Guests with their orders and preparing them to Guest’s specifications. The Meat Cutter is supportive of the Management team by example and with integrity.
Our Core Values
• Meaningful Commitment
• Exceptional Service
• Empowered Team Members
• Strong Character
Essential Job Duties
• Break down beef, pork, lamb, and poultry in to retail cuts.
• Prepare specialty merchandise including sausages, ready-to-cook products, and cured meats.
• Provide support as a member of the Meat team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Meat floor displays, and selling product in support of regional Meat standards. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
• Responsible for excellent customer service and to be able to address the needs of guests in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
• Prepare, package, weigh, and price Meat products for sale.
• Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
• Stock and clean Meat shelves, counters, and cases.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized working and shopping environment by sweeping floors and keeping shelves clean and free of debris, crumbs, dust, etc.
• Follow and comply with all applicable and established procedures, including health and sanitation procedures, Weights & Measures, and safe work practices.
• Operate and sanitize all Meat equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Non-Essential Job Duties
May perform similar and incidental duties as required by Management.
Education: High school degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Experience: 2 + years prior meat experience, including meat cutting.
Knowledge: Knowledge of proper knife-handling and use of other cutting equipment.
Excellent knowledge of meat cuts and different cooking techniques for them.
Extensive cutting skills with the ability to break product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Other: Individual must have reliable transportation to arrive at work on time and work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and Holidays as needed.