Our Mission: Provide a different kind of Community Living, guided by our Core Values and Supportive Services.
Everybody needs a job, but only extraordinary people work here! This new concept will support older adults with supportive services and engaged programs of all ages. As a Program Director with expressive art or music therapy experience with Vineyard Community Living, you'll be one of those extraordinary people at the conception. This position supports individuals we serve in an Independent Living setting. We seek a passionate individual who can provide engaging activities and programs based on the needs of the residents living at Vineyard Community Living. In this role, you will be responsibilities for planning and prioritize appropriate creative arts, music, movement, and mindfulness interventions along with the daily programs that will involve cultural programming. You will assess our residents in conjunction with the service plan. Ensures that the program is varied and engaging to meet the psychological, cognitive, physical, functional, social, and expressive needs of our residents. Builds and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with interdisciplinary team members, integrating goals and plans to promote optimal resident care, safety, resident/family-centeredness, and satisfaction.
Annually develops professional goals with measurable objectives. Participates in ongoing professional development to enhance knowledge and job skills and to contribute to the accomplishment of Vineyard Community Living.
Do you have Art, Music, Fitness, Mindfulness experience, and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with Vineyard Community Living to make an impact on people's lives.
Join our dedicated, dynamic, and fast-growing team today!
The Program Director must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate diverse programs to engage our residents.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Knowledge of art, music, dance, mindfulness, and fitness.
- Understanding the theory, techniques, and practices in the expressive arts.
- Creating and have an understanding and knowledge of working with a variety of engaging programs to a diverse population.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate art and music programs for the age of the residents served.
- Demonstration of a professional and caring approach with residents in all phases of aging.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a diverse population.
- Plan outings to Museums, Restaurants, and Special trips
- Maintain a positive partnership with the YMCA
- Involve in the creation of resident care plan and execution
- Creating a monthly program calendar
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- May have experience as a Program Director and knowledge working with professionals in the expressive arts.
- May have experience as a Registered Art Therapist (ATR) or working towards registration with the American Art Therapy Association (AATA).
- Board-certified art therapist or working towards board certification with the American Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB)
- May have experience as an MT (Registered Music Therapist), CMT (Certified Music Therapist), ACMT (Advanced Certified Music Therapist).
- May have experience as a Fitness programming
- Graduated from an accredited university, acquiring a Master's Degree a plus.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to the dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members, and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others warmly and helpfully while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidence, foster an ethical work environment; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions based on new information; performs a variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.