Portfolio Manager Property Management
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest/Heartland-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental home (SFR) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of "Optimal House" assets in key Midwest markets. We own or manage over 8,000 Single Family Rental Homes throughout the Midwest. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 10,000-15,000+ Homes.
VineBrook Homes is hiring a talented, dynamic Portfolio Manager to manage a portfolio of single family rental properties. We are a rapidly growing company with strong community ties. We are seeking candidates who desire a long term career opportunity with a successful company in the residential services industry.
The Portfolio Manager will manage employees within the leasing and service departments, oversee the day to day property operations, and contribute to NOI via ad-hoc strategic process improvement programs. This position will be responsible for maximizing cash flow of the portfolio(s) via adherence to budgets.
Tasks-Duties-Responsibilities for this position.
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate assets in the company's best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures.
- Manage department within the assigned budget requirements
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare variance reports on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Create and/or implement processes and procedures within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for Portfolio. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counselling and leadership.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems.
- Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering
- Strong Management Skills
- Process Improvement Experience
- Customer Service skills
- Written and Oral Communication skills
- Time Management skills
- Strong use of technology and MIS to manager operations
- Accounting and Finance Experience
Preferred Education and Experience but not required
- Masters Industrial Engineering or MBA
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM)
- Fair Housing Certification or willingness to obtain
- Experience using property management software
- Property Management Experience is not required
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience iscloseto what you see listed here,please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, weencourage people from all backgrounds to applyto our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.