Supervisor of Housekeeping and Laundry
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $14 Hourly
The Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor's primary responsibilities are to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility, and as may be directed by the Environmental Services Manager and / or Administrator. This position ensures that the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments are maintained in a clean, safe, sanitary and comfortable manner.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to the Vincentian mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
2. Upholds and promotes the Vincentian values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
3. Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
4. Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Possesses the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for delegating assigned duties.
6. Responsible for maintaining a clean and comfortable environment in the facility.
7. Provides daily supervision of the staff in the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
8. Responsible for the daily operations of the Laundry Department by making sure there is an adequate supply of laundry and/or linen to meet the needs of the residents.
9. Knowledgeable of laundry practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines governing laundry functions in a nursing facility.
10. Plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
11. Ability to operate mechanical equipment used in the housekeeping and laundry.
12. Knowledge of proper safety precautions regarding cleaning chemicals and chemical mixtures. Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets on all cleaning supplies.
13. Coordinate housekeeping and laundry services and activities with other departments.
14. Inspect storage rooms, utility / janitorial and linen closets for upkeep and supply control.
15. Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
16. Delegate a responsible staff member to act in your behalf when you are absent from the facility.
17. Develop and ensure adherence to a cleaning schedule, which addresses all areas of the facility.
18. Ensure cleaning products, equipment and procedures are in compliance with all applicable regulations.
19.Ensure that laundry personnel handle, sort, wash and distribute laundry and linen in accordance with the facility's infection control policies and procedures governing such tasks.
20. Assures Department policies and procedures are current, accurate and in compliance with all Laws and Regulations.
21. Perform laundry and housekeeping tasks as required.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
23. Required to support the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance Program by timely reporting any actual or suspected compliance, fraud and abuse, ethics or policy violations.
1. High school education or equivalent required.
2. Previous experience in housekeeping and laundry required.
3. Supervisory experience in a medical or healthcare facility preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HousekeepingView all jobs at Vincentian
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?