As a Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person's quality of life.
Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You also strengthen residents' connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's appointments.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
- A bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
Fri, 4pm - 10pm
Sat, 10am - 10pm
POSITION TYPE: Part time - Regular
Pay Rate: $14.00 / hour