This position works closely with the Competitive Head Swim Coach in developing, coordinating, and managing the VillaSport Swim Team in a safe and responsible manner. This person will be provided with general supervision by the Aquatics Director and will need to be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to successfully manage the programs with minimal direct supervision.
- Grow the Competitive Swim Team and engage in curriculum development, marketing, participant and parent communications, and community outreach.
- Develop and improve operations including informal meets, competitive meets and travel, scheduling, communications, pool schedules and USA Swimming Requirements
- Coach Swim Team practices
- Provide input and execute practice curriculum
- Assess skills and improve technique
- Provide consistent class management that develops member cohesiveness
- Establish an environment that fosters positive attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility
- Monitor and report performance progress, success stories, and improvement plans
- Teach private lessons to swim team members and potential swim team members
- Facilitate open communications with participants and parents
- Maintain required certifications throughout employment
- Familiarity with aquatics industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competitive swimming background
- Minimum of 1 year coaching USA competitive swim teams and 2 years instructing swim lessons.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Minimum 18 years of age
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (includes CPR/First AID/AED for the Professional Rescuer); or
- Swimming Coaches Safety Training Certification (including First Aid) and American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association - Level 1
- Associates Degree preferred
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.villasport.com