RETRO HVAC Installer
Shift/Hours: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Under direct supervision of the Foreman, an HVAC Apartment Lead Installer will assist in the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in New Construction Apartments. Installations will be up to code and Villara’s exceptional quality standards. Applicants with little to no experience can learn on-the-job through our Advanced Learning Program.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
· Install vents, duct work (flex), plenum and registers in residential and apartment houses or buildings using hand and power tools according to code and established company procedures.
· Measure and cut sheet metal by using hand and power tools.
· Move materials from delivery area to installation area.
· Set and place forced air and A/C units.
· Assembles bags of pre-assembled air handling systems by taping, caulking and/or Panduit strapping at common attachment points according to plans.
· Clean up all debris on the job site and sweep up sawdust.
· Exercise caution when operating or using tools and equipment and follow safety procedures.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Management.
· Set of plans, note pad and pen to take notes given by Foreman/ Supervisor
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
· Desire to learn and master all aspects of installing HVAC systems
- Reliable Transportation
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
· Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
· Demonstrate initiative to complete assignments and obtain results
· Able to work independently and as part of a changing team
· Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
· Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
· Able to remain calm and handle stress well
· Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
· Committed to follow safety procedures
· Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
· Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
· Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company
· Ability to lead from within the team, and to offer assistance and guidance to other team members
· Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Dozuki Standard Work App
· Prior construction or HVAC experience a plus
3-5 Yrs Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Proficiency in mathematical concepts such as basic algebra and geometry.
Villara Building Systems
Why Work Here?Beginning in 1947 with just one man, Del Beutler, Villara has become the leader in the design and installation of HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Suppression, Solar, and Home Automation systems in Northern and Central California, all thanks to the people that work here. We have a passion for what we do. We recognize Villara provides important products and services to our communities, and we are proud of our contributions. We know we can rely on Villara’s values and guiding principles, and we benefit from Villara’s commitment to our on-going professional and personal development.
Villara is committed to building great homes and great people, one at a time. Come build with us!