Villara Building Systems Manteca, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN:
MILPITAS, MANTECA and FAIRFIELD
Shift/Hours: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. or 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. depending on the season
In this role, the individual will be responsible for maintaining, diagnosing and servicing residential homeowner’s HVAC systems.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Maintain, diagnose and correct problems throughout the entire HVAC system.
- Perform all of the low voltage wiring for the indoor and outdoor unit
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment
- Start up the furnace for the first time to burn all of the manufactures oil off
- Add the proper charge to the A/C once started up
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and –water solution
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools
- Recommend, develop and perform general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer.
- Excellent communication skills with supers an home owners
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagram, using electrician’s hand tools
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves and dampers while following blueprints
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Fabricate, assemble and install duct work and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Reliable Transportation
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
· Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
· Demonstrate initiative to complete assignments and obtain results
· Able to work independently and as part of a changing team
· Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
· Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
· Able to remain calm and handle stress well
· Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
· Committed to follow safety procedures
· Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
· Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
- 2-5 years of HVAC warranty experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification (Universal or Type II)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Insurable DMV Record
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical knowledge, technical procedures, and government regulations and codes
· Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and charts and designs
- Prior construction experience is a A +
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and work at a fast pace
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Technical school graduate preferred
Villara Building SystemsWhy Work Here?
Villara is committed to building great homes and great people, one at a time. Come build with us!
Beginning in 1947 with just one man, Del Beutler, Villara has become the leader in the design and installation of HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Suppression, Solar, and Home Automation systems in Northern and Central California, all thanks to the people that work here. We have a passion for what we do. We recognize Villara provides important products and services to our communities, and we are proud of our contributions. We know we can rely on Villara’s values and guiding principles, and we benefit from Villara’s commitment to our on-going professional and personal development.