Perform field fabrications, hang duct work (standard, flex, spiral, etc.), and installations of heating and air conditioning in new residential homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Install vents, duct work (flex), plenum and registers in residential apartments, houses, or buildings using hand and power tools according to code and established company procedures.
· Measure and cut sheet metal by using hand shears, miter box and/or radial saw.
· Move materials from delivery area to installation area
· Set and place forced air and A/C units.
· Installation of pre-assembled air handling duct systems by taping, caulking and/or panduit strapping at common attachment points according to plans.
· Clean up all debris on the job site and sweep up sawdust.
· Check that a T-top covers all vents through the roof and all flues have a roof jack storm collar and cap installed.
· Exercise caution when operating or using tools and equipment and follow safety procedures.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Management.
· H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
· Prior construction or HVAC experience A+
· Must be able to transport tools and ladder to multiple job sites.
· Ability to use basic hand tools.
· Ability to work in high areas including rafters and roofs A+.
· Ability to exert physical strength necessary to move objects weighing eighty plus ponds from one level to another.
· Must be able to ascend ladders to heights of eight feet or higher, and descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs and inclined surfaces.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces under extreme weather conditions.