Location: Sacramento West
Description: Perform field fabrications, hang duct work (standard, flex, spiral, etc.), and installations of heating and air conditioning
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install vents, duct work (flex), plenum and registers in residential apartments, houses, or buildings using hand and power tools according to code and established company procedures.
- Measure and cut sheet metal by using hand shears, miter box and/or radial saw.
- Move materials from delivery area to installation area
- Set and place forced air and A/C units.
- Installation of pre-assembled air handling duct systems by taping, caulking and/or Panduit strapping at common attachment points according to plans.
- Clean up all debris on the job site and sweep up sawdust.
- Check that a T-top covers all vents through the roof and all flues have a roof jack storm collar and cap installed.
- Exercise caution when operating or using tools and equipment and follow safety procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (What is required to perform the Essential Functions)
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior HVAC experience in a lead role
- Must be able to transport tools and ladder to multiple job sites.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to work in high areas including rafters and roofs A+.
- Ability to exert physical strength necessary to move objects weighing eighty plus ponds from one level to another.
- Must be able to ascend ladders to heights of eight feet or higher, and descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs and inclined surfaces.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces under extreme weather conditions.