Shift: Day (6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Monday through Friday with some weekends, as work load dictates
Under general direction, performs a variety of janitorial and cleaning services to maintain buildings and facilitates; performs cleaning and specialized floor care; cleans and stocks restrooms; maintains condition of cleaning equipment; stores and replenishes supplies.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Performs a variety of janitorial tasks daily; cleans and disinfects restrooms, mirrors and restocks restrooms.
- Gathers and empties trash from waste trash from waste receptacles, offices and general areas.
- Performs floor maintenance; sweeps and mops floors; strips and waxes floor surfaces; shampoos carpets; removes dirt and debris; pre-spots carpet; mixes cleaning solutions; applies and extracts carpet solution.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, air vents, doorframes, doors, walls, windows and window blinds, mirrors and baseboards.
- Checks and maintains operational condition of cleaning equipment; operates buffer, vacuum, shampooer and a variety of related equipment.
- Assists with special events; moves and arranges furniture; opens and secures buildings; locks entrances, exits, doors and other mechanisms in county buildings.
- Stores and replenishes janitorial supplies; coordinates and completes special cleaning details.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, such as ordering parts from vendors.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Must properly manage multiple tasks of varying priority.
· Effectively communicate through email and in meetings with different company departments and personnel.
· All employees are expected to immediately communicate problems encountered as they pertain to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
· Ability to work independently and as part of an evolving team
· Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company.
· Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Standard Works
· Key role in process and standard work development.
· Aspire to do more than the listed duties
- 2+ years of industrial janitorial experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of the practices of janitorial procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their interaction.
· Ability to follow instructions
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
Villara Building Systems
Why Work Here?Beginning in 1947 with just one man, Del Beutler, Villara has become the leader in the design and installation of HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Suppression, Solar, and Home Automation systems in Northern and Central California, all thanks to the people that work here. We have a passion for what we do. We recognize Villara provides important products and services to our communities, and we are proud of our contributions. We know we can rely on Villara’s values and guiding principles, and we benefit from Villara’s commitment to our on-going professional and personal development.
Villara is committed to building great homes and great people, one at a time. Come build with us!
McClellan Park, CA