CMA - ALL SHIFTS
Villagio Senior Living Plano, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Universal worker provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan.
- Assists in maintaining the physical, social, and psychological environment that is conducive to the best interest and welfare of the residents.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of personnel tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters. Maintains a clean, safe, environment in the community by delegating job responsibilities.
- As per state regulations and completion of required training/certification, administers or assists with self-administration of medication and treatments as prescribed by the health care provider. Observes resident’s response to existing treatment plan, is aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects, and observes residents for occurrence of such and notifies supervisor. Adheres to community infection control policies and procedures.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Supervises residents who self-administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains residents' records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident's physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including controlled substances as per policy.
- Assists with completion of medication cart audits per policy and direction of supervisor.
- Provides direct resident care.
- Follows procedure regarding incidents/accidents to residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his or her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and one to two months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience. State certified medication aide course is required. Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer's type is helpful.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Successful completion of State certified medication aide course.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Powered by JazzHR