We are a new medical practice in downtown Denver looking for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. We are a professional medical group looking to provide medical and psychiatric care for individuals and their families, in need. You will be responsible for providing specialty health care and direct psychiatric services. We are searching for someone who is experienced in providing comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment of clients for psychiatric services. You will also ensure the correct administration of medications, monitor the results of medication treatments, preparing treatment plans, collaborating with attending psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services, as well as providing partial coverage for the psychiatrist.
Job Duties Include:
· Comprehensive Psychiatric care
· Perform initial psychiatric evaluations/admissions interviews
· Prescribes and monitors appropriate medications for clients within the facility in accordance with all policy, procedures, and state and federal regulatory standards
· Evaluates client's histories and physicals, risk factor assessment, ordering of therapeutic and diagnostic tests
· Medication management and any necessary client follow-ups
· Timely and thorough documentation of all client interactions in the Electronic Medical Records system
· Collaborate with clinic psychiatrist on cases beyond the scope of PHNP
· Responsible for providing outpatient care to clients showing a change or decline in mental status, chronic or urgent medical conditions
· Communicate with client medical health care providers and facilitate appropriate referrals
· Having excellent bedside manner and communication skills in handling clients and their cases
· Relevant 1-year experience preferred
· Relevant clinical experience with an understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychological assessment, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology
· Must hold, or be willing to obtain, XDEA (suboxone waiver) privileges.
· PMHNP-BC (Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner—Board Certified)
· Must be able to work independently, efficiently and with accuracy
· Active Colorado Nurse Practitioner license in good standing
Contract position which could grow into full time.
No weekends necessary