Our new free-standing Memory Care Community is opening soon and will be staffed as a true Household Model with the focus on self-led universal workers who form deep relationships with the residents they serve. The three-story community will feature three 16-residence households (two assisted living and one skilled nursing), each with its own shared community living and its own therapy space, salon and chapel.
We are currently seeking full-time Universal Household CNAs. Flexible schedules. A Kansas license is required but we welcome certified nurse aides from all states and will provide reimbursement for license transfer to Kansas.
Hours are Mon-Fri 3p-11p.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Active certification as Certified Nursing Assistant in the state of Kansas
• Current CPR/AED certificate of completion
• Experience working with senior population preferred.
The Household CNA must be capable of performing the following primary and essential duties:
• Clinical Service Delivery: Responds to resident call light requests promptly and ensures resident needs are met.
• Supplies and Equipment: Maintains supply of materials along with cleans and disinfects storage areas, equipment, tools and supplies.
• Activities of Daily Living: Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal needs.
• Care Planning: Takes part in the resident’s care planning and care conference.
• Observation: Observes residents closely. Measures and records vital signs.
• Clinical Records: Documents services provided and charts residents’ preferences in electronic health records.
• Safety: Follows proper infection control practices. Reports or corrects any unsafe conditions.
• Continuing Education: Attends in-service education programs, team conferences and nursing services conferences as scheduled; completes in-service programs as assigned.
• Personal Assistance: Protects the personal belongings of each resident; reports any missing items and takes part in efforts to locate missing items. Assists resident to and from the dining room and activities of choice.
Our universal workers perform a portion of their schedule in a primary functional role with the remaining portion in a universal role performing dining, housekeeping and activity services to meet our residents’ needs.