Our new free-standing Memory Care Community is now open and will be staffed as a true Household Model with the focus on self-led universal workers who form deep relationships with the residents they serve. The three-story community will feature three 16-residence households (two assisted living and one skilled nursing), each with its own shared community living and its own therapy space, salon and chapel.
The Household Certified Medication Aide must be capable of performing the following primary and essential duties:
• Clinical Service Delivery: Responds to resident call light requests promptly and ensures resident needs are met.
• Medication and Treatments: Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by physician and nursing orders.
• Supplies and Equipment: Stores and secures all medications along with maintains an inventory of medications. Cleans and disinfects storage areas, equipment, tools and supplies.
• Activities of Daily Living: Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal needs. Allows and encourages residents in self-care, providing services as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs.
• Care Planning: Takes part in the resident’s care planning and care conference, serving as the resident’s closest advocate in directing their services and honoring their preferences.
• Observation: Observes residents closely. Assists licensed team members in responding to code situations. Responds to resident call light requests promptly. Measures and records vital signs.
• Clinical Records: Documents services provided and medication administration in electronic health records and other medication forms. Charts residents’ preferences in electronic health records.
• Safety: Follows proper infection control practices.
• Continuing Education: Attends in-service education programs, team conferences and nursing services conferences as scheduled; completes in-service programs as assigned.
• Personal Assistance: Protects the personal belongings of each resident and takes part in efforts to locate missing items. Assists resident to and from the dining room and activities of choice.
Our universal workers perform a portion of their schedule in a primary functional role with the remaining portion in a universal role performing dining, housekeeping and activity services to meet our residents’ needs.
Flexible schedules! A Kansas license is required but we welcome medication aides from all states and will provide reimbursement for license transfer to Kansas.
Our Village Shalom campus is under a major expansion construction project that will add 76 independent living apartment residences; a Main Street common area with dining, service and entertainment amenities; a free-standing 48-residence Household Model memory care community; 24 boutique-style short-term rehabilitation suites and a state-of-the-art therapy gym. It seems like every day there's something new going on around the campus with a lot set to move forward in the upcoming months.
Why Work Here?Village Shalom is one of the top not-for-profit continuing-care retirement communities in the region. We’ve been around for more than a hundred years because we hire, train and keep the best team in the city. We offer competitive wages and a benefits package with excellent insurance, retirement savings plan and paid time off. We have industry-high employee retention rates because we really care about our employees. With a caring, family environment and unrivaled employee satisfaction – you’ll have all the resources you need to be successful. Our Village Shalom campus is under a major expansion construction project that will add 76 independent living apartment residences; a Main Street common area with dining, service and entertainment amenities; a free-standing 48-residence Household Model memory care community; 24 boutique-style short-term rehabilitation suites and a state-of-the-art therapy gym. It seems like every day there's something new going on around the campus with a lot set to move forward in the upcoming months.
Outstanding Employee Recognition and Wellness Programs; Free onsite workout facility, and more!
Overland Park, KS