This position is full-time 40 hours per week plus every 3rd weekend rotation. The Program Coordinator is directly responsible for planning, implementing, conducting, and evaluating programs for assigned residents at Village Shalom on both an individual and group basis. Will be working with skilled nursing and rehab residents.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience in long-term care or with similar Therapeutic Recreation programs preferred.
• Working knowledge of traditions, customs, and religion in accordance with Judaism preferred.
• Must have proven initiative and talents in arts and crafts or music.• Must be capable of working directly with the elderly in the area of leisure programs. Creative thinker wanted!
• Must be able to relate well with senior citizens.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have the ability to assess resident’s capabilities, limitations, and special needs.
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have the ability to operate all equipment in the Leisure Programs Department.
· Health Benefits Package & Voluntary Benefits
· FREE/On-site Workout Facility
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Time Off – up to 18 days in the first year
· Education Assistance after 1 year of service
· 403b retirement plan with company match
· Employee Recognition Program