- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $26 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Under general supervision, to prepare, repaint interior/exterior surfaces of residential buildings
and community facilities and perform related work as required.
Following verbal or written instructions, mixes and matches paint colors as required, scrapes and prepares surfaces for painting, patches cracks in stucco surfaces and paints exterior surfaces with brushes, rollers or spray guns.
Paints building trim, paints interior surfaces matching new to old painted surfaces.
Sets up and climbs ladder, planks and scaffolding in painting the exterior of multi-story buildings as a member of exterior painting crew.
When assigned as scaffold person- requires an individual with the ability to construct steel scaffolding up to a height of three stories, including the setting up of ladders and planks.
Must have solid working knowledge of the tools necessary for the setting up and construction of scaffolding.
Drives a company truck to deliver and pick up materials and supplies.
Regular attendance required. All duties performed on-site for the Community.
Works effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier; and respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
Follows up on assigned written resident complaints corrects problems and discusses with
residents or refers to a supervisor-noting disposition. Maintains job related time, material
records and assists other building maintenance crews during peak workloads as assigned.
Truck, cushman, man-lift, airless sprayer, compressor, water blaster, scaffolding, ladders,
brushes and rollers.
Exposure to paint fumes, gas fumes and dust inside resident manors and community facilities
and normal outdoor elements.
Graduation from high school and considerable experience in painting or equivalent combination of education and experience that produces the following:
· Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the job.
· Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, processes, materials, machines and tools of
the painting trade.
· Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
· Ability to read and write work-related job instructions in English.
· Ability to climb ladders and work at heights required to paint three story buildings.
· Ability to operate equipment that requires a high degree of manipulative skill, and the ability
to work under adverse weather conditions.
· Ability to maintain routine records and reports.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others in English.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and
· Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment used in the painter's trade.
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
· Possession of a valid Class A California Commercial driver's license is required when assigned to pull trailer rated over 10k gross pounds.
· Ability to pass respiratory pulmonary function test
· Ability to pass qualitative and/or quantitative respirator fit test.
Continual lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs., frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs. and
occasional lifting and carrying of up to 100 lbs. Frequent balancing, climbing, crouching,
grasping and occasional crawling, feeling, fingering, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching,
and stooping. Working on a daily basis at heights of up to 30 feet.
Reading, verbal/written communication skills and customer contact.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Village Management Services, Inc
AddressLaguna Woods, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Village Management Services, Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?