- Posted: over a month ago
Village Green, We're not just developing, building and managing apartment communities, we're developing, building and managing exciting careers...and creating a new generation of leaders!Job Description
The Facilities Trainer designs, and executes facilities related content training; assists in the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of operational training programs delivered across the organization; participates in same with facilities development programs; review analytic reporting to identify trends/needs in facilities to create new content courses, and facilitate training to impact performance across the organization. Provide training support to companywide rollout initiatives, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conducts facilities training, all delivery forums as necessary (in-person, virtual, on-demand, etc.)
· Facilitate any introductory training during New Hire Orientation week as required.
· Performs all facilities related performance tracking and related analytics on a weekly, monthly, and annual scale basis.
· Evaluate employee performance trends while adjusting training and development curriculum.
· Determine and recommend the need for new curriculum based on industry wide evolutions.
· Be a mentor to the Service Manager-in-Training Program including the invitation process, evaluation process, assignment review, and graduation process.
· Be a mentor to the Facilities Manager-in-Training Program including the invitation process, evaluation process, assignment review, and graduation process.
· Identifies training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, performance evaluations and regular consultation with managers and People Services department
· Collaborate with the Training Department to determine the appropriate communication strategies for facilities training courses, programs, and initiatives
· Provide continuing education and refresher training for facilities-related subject matter
· Assist the team with developing the annual training calendar, as well as integrating the calendar into the LMS
· Designs and develops training and development programs based on both the organization and the individual employee needs
· Evaluates the costs of all training programs and keep within budget
· Collaborate with the Training Department to develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
· Analyzes training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs
· Develops specific facilities training goals and plans as well as prioritizes those goals and plans for each year
· Attend 3rd party training courses as required by supervisor
· Continue to self-educate on leadership, facilities operations, and training trends through various forums.
· Attends weekly departmental meetings to review training strategies and goals, People Service’s needs, etc.
· Attends weekly Facilities Department call to stay current with departmental changes and general facilities practices needs.
· Adheres to established policies related to fair housing.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
· Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.Qualifications
· 4-year degree preferred
· Regional Facilities Director preferred; Executive Service Manager Designation required at minimum
· EPA 608 Certified/Proctor
· OSHA 30 Certified
· Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proven track record in designing, developing, marketing, and implementing successful training programs
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Demonstrated skills in training design, development, implementation, and evaluation
· Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate compelling ideas, strong presentation, and facilitation skills
· Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory
· Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
· Customer service oriented
· Self-driven and motivated
· Change agent
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests and physicals are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
EducationView all jobs at Village Green