Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As our Sampling Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing and supporting various sampling and stability testing programs of different cannabis products such as dried cannabis flower, trim, and extract-based products manufactured, ensuring good laboratory practices are followed so we can deliver exceptional products and experiences to our customers following high-regulated requirements in order to sell cannabis products nationally and internationally.
A Sampling Coordinator plays a crucial role in ensuring that accurate and representative samples are collected and distributed for various purposes, such as product testing, market research, quality control, and compliance verification. This position requires a combination of administrative, organizational, and communication skills to effectively manage the sampling process; this will include creating, implementing, and maintaining stability studies in the database, performing data trending, and reporting results. You will also assist during regulatory audits and will support the functionality and maintenance of stability-related processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and systems on site.
Sampling, Testing & Stability Program
- Coordinate the collection of samples for GPP and GMP product testing and stability studies
- Communicate and coordinate with third-party laboratories to ensure testing is performed accurately and as per expected timelines
- Ensure Certificates of Analyses (COAs), laboratory investigations, and stability program reports are issued in a timely manner
- Download stability reports from third-party labs, review, compile data, identify trends, Out of Trend (OOT) and Out of Specification (OOS) data and escalate for further investigation if needed
- Download and organize laboratory reports relating to batch/lot release testing
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to product sampling, testing and stability
- Support Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs teams during site audits
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure ongoing success of product sampling, testing and the stability program
- Physically prepare cannabis samples for testing as per SOPs regulations and standards
- Ensure accurate adjustments are made in the business’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software relating to sampling and testing
- Perform environmental monitoring and/or sampling from time to time from different areas of the facility
Compliance & Reporting
- Ensure that the sampling process complies with established protocols, quality standards, and regulatory guidelines
- Work in a controlled laboratory setting with strict adherence to safe laboratory practices
- Review laboratory reports for accuracy and transfer data from reports into different, trackers, databases and our ERP system
- Download and save reports using online portals, coordinate with laboratories via email and telephone, and upload data and files using SharePoint
- Oversee and track Chain of Custody (COC) documents, fill out batch sampling and requisition forms, print labels, and ensure that samples match paperwork
- Following up with external laboratories for any missing routine reports and results
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is on-site, which requires you to work in Pure Sunfarms’ facility at all times in an operating role or directly supporting operations.
YOUR BRAND, YOUR STORY
We already know you are passionate about product stability, sampling, and testing, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You are good at the following:
- Post-secondary graduate with a diploma or degree in the life sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, or related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in a laboratory setting or in a Quality Assurance (QA) and/or Quality Control (QC) role
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills
- Ability to perform routine laboratory functions, e.g., weighing, measuring, labelling
- A willingness to learn
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others & independently
- Proven time management skills and an above-average attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills including proficiency with MS Office
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain a security clearance
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Village Farms InternationalDelta, BC
Get fresh Sampling Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.