- $49,000 to $63,000 Yearly
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
The Procurement Coordinator plays a crucial role in facilitating the efficient and effective procurement processes within an organization. This role involves coordinating various aspects of procurement activities, collaborating with internal departments, external suppliers, vendors, and couriers, ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services to meet the organization's needs. The Procurement Coordinator reports to the Procurement Lead and is a key component in the cross functional teamwork function.
Purchase Order (PO) Management
- Create, review, and process purchase orders (POs) based on approved requests
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation for all POs, including terms, specifications, quantities, pricing and delivery timelines
- Ensure procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies
- Forecast and conduct PO checks, price discrepancies, errors, or omissions
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers based on quality, pricing, and delivery capabilities
- Maintain a supplier database, track supplier performance, and manage relationships to ensure reliable sources of goods and services
- Assist in negotiating terms, pricing, and contracts with suppliers to achieve cost savings, quality of goods, deadlines and favourable terms
- Collaborate with suppliers to address discrepancies, resolve issues, and maintain open lines of communication
- Uphold ethical standards in supplier relationships and procurement practices
Documentation, Reporting and Inventory Management
- Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, including purchase orders, contracts, and supplier communications
- Assist our Procurement Leader to generate reports on procurement metrics, cost savings, and performance indicators for management review
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to prevent stockouts and overstock situations
- Coordinate with relevant departments to forecast demand and ensure optimal inventory levels
- Collaborate with departments such as Finance, Operations, and Quality Assurance to align procurement activities with overall business objectives
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support strategic sourcing initiatives and process improvements
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize procurement processes to enhance efficiency and reduce costs
- Implement best practices and recommend improvements to procurement procedures
- Coordinate, source, and procure materials, services, supplies, and other products as required for business operations needs
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is on-site, which requires you to work in Pure Sunfarms facility at all times in an operating role or directly supporting operations.
YOUR BRAND, YOUR STORY
We already know you are passionate about purchasing and procurement processes, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You're good at the following:
- 2+ years of experience in a Procurement and/or Supply Chain role
- Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or in relevant field preferred
- Relevant hands-on experience in procurement, purchasing, an/or supply chain processes
- Strong negotiation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Robust understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools considered an asset
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards in procurement
- Solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products, technologies and processes
- Supply Chain or Transportation certifications considered an asset
- Strong problem-solving abilities and able to work effectively within a team environment and be service-oriented
- Ability to effectively manage time and establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities in a fast-paced work environment; can adhere to tight deadlines and implement last-minute changes as needed.
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain a security clearance
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Village Farms InternationalDelta, BC
Get fresh Procurement Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.