QMHP A - Mental Health Skill Building $1500
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VBH is currently seeking an energetic full-time qualified mental health professional who has certification for adults. This counselor will provide mental health services to adults, in Richmond and surrounding areas. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the mental health field and strive to help those in need. This person must have a positive attitude and great time management skills. Being an effective communicator and listener is a must.
- Work with the client with adults with mental health and co-occurring disorders to provide education, training, and assistance with meeting skill-building needs.
- Conduct education and training sessions with adults with mental health and co-occurring disorders in a variety of settings (home/community) using various supportive training materials.
- Collaborate with other mental health and community resources to assist the client with meeting basic needs or connecting with needed supports and resources.
- Build rapport and assess the needs of the client and provide insight into the skills of continued independence and success in the community.
- Ongoing assessment of treatment needs.
- Assist in the development and ongoing monitoring and implementation of Individual Service Plan.
- Work with clients to foster the development of new improved daily living skills, coping skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
- Educate the client on existing community resources and supports as well as act as an advocate in connecting the client to these services.
- Maintain up-to-date client records, and prepare required/necessary reports in a timely and accurate manner such as daily progress notes, monthly reports, quarterly reports, care coordination logs, discharge summaries, etc.
- Establish a good working relationship with other public and private agencies/services and interface collaboratively with them
- Ability and skills to maintain required confidentiality regarding client case materials in compliance with the Commonwealth of Virginia Human Rights Code 2007 and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Other duties as assigned.
A person in the human services field who is trained and experienced in providing psychiatric or mental health services to individuals who have a mental illness; including: a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Virginia; a doctor of medicine or osteopathy, specializing in psychiatry and licensed in Virginia; an individual with a master's degree in psychology from an accredited college or university with at least one year of clinical experience; a social worker; an individual with at least a bachelor's degree in human services or related field (social work, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, sociology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, human services counseling or other degree deemed equivalent to those described) from an accredited college and with at least one year of clinical experience providing direct services to individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness; a person with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in an unrelated field that includes at least 15 semester credits (or equivalent) in a human services field and who has at least three years of clinical experience; a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Provider (CPRP) registered with the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (USPRA); a registered nurse licensed in Virginia with at least one year of clinical experience; any other licensed mental health professional.
- Staff must be trained certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, and Crisis De-scalation techniques.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Training assistance
- Growth opportunities
- Gas Stipend
- The ability to work with others who are passionate about being in the mental health field
Mental Health Skill Building Specialists are required to use their personal vehicles for sessions and for engaging in community activities. Therefore, at the time of hire, Mental Health Skill Building Support Worker must provide proof of driver’s license and insurance. Should a Mental Health Skill Building Support Worker receive a moving traffic violation at any time after employment the Mental Health Skill Building Support Worker must notify the Case Manager about the incident the next business day after receiving the violation. Further, Mental Health Skill Building Support Worker will be taken off the schedule in the event they have any lapse in automobile insurance coverage.
Village Behavioral Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Village Behavioral Health