Volvo Cars of Danvers
Product Specialist / Internet Sales / BDC
Earning Potential $70,000 + Per Year
*PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE DEALERSHIP, FOR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US VIA EMAIL*
We are Volvo Cars of Danvers, the fastest growing dealerships in Massachusetts. Our vision is to be the best choice to buy and service cars, trucks, and SUV's in our region. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our customers and drive customer loyalty.
We offer great career opportunities, along with excellent pay programs, benefits, comprehensive training, and a culture where we strive to help our associates remain motivated and highly successful.
The term BDC typically stands for "Business Development Center" in the professional business world. An Automotive BDC usually refers to an in-house call center at an automotive dealership. Staffed and managed by the dealership, BDC Agents are responsible for the development and retention of sales and service business at every customer touch-point. Due to the recent explosion of internet marketing, mobile smartphones, and handheld computer devices, The BDC has truly become a necessary part of the Auto Industry, and is quickly being recognized as beneficial in other industries as well.
This position is not telemarketing, there is no cold calling required, nor is it car sales, we have a separate sales team that sells the car. The position does require the learning and memorization of professionally persuasive skills and techniques designed to help the BDC Agent develop rapport and build value with clients who are in various stages of the car buying process, and encourage them to make an appointment to visit our showroom and meet with our Sales Associates.
Who would I interact with?
This position interacts daily with Sales Associates, Sales Managers, The Business Development Manager, dealership support staff and sales and service customers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Handle customer contacts, follow-up, new business development, and existing customer retention
- Receiving and promptly responding to inbound sales calls and internet inquiries
- Identifying client needs and scheduling appointments for the sales and service department
- Placing outbound phone calls and emails to potential and existing clientele
- Ensuring client concerns are addressed prior to appointment date such as vehicle pricing, product availability, vehicle equipment questions, appointment process/duration, etc.
- Contacting clients prior to appointment date to confirm appointments
- Data mining and prospecting for sales and service opportunities
- Execute prospect follow-up calls, and gauge customer satisfaction
- Attending and participating in department meetings
What are the requirements for this job?
- Customer service, sales, or telemarketing background helpful, but not necessary, we will train you
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A positive attitude, exceptional work ethic, and a willingness to learn
- Computer literacy, organization skills, follow-up skills, typing skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Must have a professional appearance
What do we offer?
- An excellent compensation package, including guaranteed base pay, PLUS performance-driven bonuses and incentives
- Excellent Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Promotions from Within
- Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities
- High Employee Retention, Appreciation, and Satisfaction