- Expired: October 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Specialist's role generally encompasses the following major job duty categories:
Help Desk - The IT Specialist provides tiers 1-2 application or technical support and serve
as subject matter experts for platform related responsibilities.
Onboarding & Offboarding - The IT Specialist leads and supports IT technical activities
related to the planning, equipment ordering, preparation, installation, testing, inventory
management and on-site support of new employees, may including related travel to ensure
a successful onboarding. As well as processing terminating employees.
IT Operations Support - The IT Specialist is assigned to support key IT management
processes (i.e. asset management, application support, security, decision making,
innovation and process improvement).
IT Projects - The IT Specialist is assigned to and responsible for completing important
project work for the organization (i.e. Windows updates, voice/data rollout, etc.). Projects
may cover Global, Corporate or Platform related activities or key objectives.
Job Duties: Specific
Help Desk - The IT Specialist's role includes day to day Help Desk responsibilities:
• Routinely participate as part of the Help Desk Team providing day to day customer
service, support and issue resolution for end user tickets related to all aspects of
the Activate IT environment.
• Provide support of incoming tickets and service requests to the service desk via
telephone, web portal, and email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective
resolution of end-user issues.
• Utilize standard work processes and tools to manage day to day workflow.
• Be available on-call to provide off-hours support in case of emergencies or disasters.
• Service queue triage - prioritize incidents and service requests according to
defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
• Lead by example and establishing/maintaining good relationships with colleagues
• Provide end users with an exceptional user experience, timely response and
effective resolution of reported issues and needs.
Onboarding & Offboarding - The IT Specialist leads onboarding and offboarding activities
for new or terminating employees:
• Work in close coordination with onboarding teams, managers, vendors, and other
stakeholders to plan and execute successful hiring or migration processes.
• Conduct training sessions for newly hired associates where needed.
• Perform site assessments to determine and document what specific hardware,
software, networking and related peripherals are needed for each new facility.
• Leader that ensure all IT equipment, hardware, software and voice/data services are
ordered, configured, shipped, installed, tested, and working as designed and
expected by the customer.
• Complete account provisioning and decommissioning activities for newly hired and
• Effectively manage and track all equipment orders, invoicing and related
• Plan and complete hands on/remote installation, configuration, testing and user
acceptance of all networking, voice, computers, software, printers and related IT
equipment, software and peripherals.
• Use various forms of communication including status meetings, face to face/remote
customer interaction or electronic tracking tools to full document and communicate
that status of IT technical onboarding task status and issues.
IT Operations Support - The IT Specialist is assigned to and responsible for an area
specialized IT Operations. Examples include the following:
• You will track all IT assets within the organization and update any asset changes.
• Shipping and receiving purchases.
• Point of contact for escalation application issue to the vendor.
• Installing and configuring hardware and software components throughout various
network infrastructure devices.
• Interview customers to gather information useful in providing recommendations
and solutions to a technical problem.
• Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
• Server administration via Active Directory, M365, Print services, DNS, DHCP.
• Key decision maker to perform preventative maintenance, including verifying
patches and updates, have been applied to servers and workstations.
• Documentation and process creation.
• You will periodically review audit logs and reports from all technologies and other
sources and report any abnormalities to your manager.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate,
including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
• You will ensure all security applications are deployed on the devices prior to
deployment and verified using the security tools.
• Ensuring company safety and security standards are met.
• Leading and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
IT Projects - The IT Specialist is assigned to and responsible for IT projects on an as
• As needed, lead the planning, implementation, communication and tracking of
projects assigned to the IT department.
• Key decision maker to ensure on-time, on-budget project completion and
achievement of agreed to business outcomes.
• Provide routine status and issue tracking to IT leadership and project stakeholders.
• Oversee routine projects following a standard service delivery project plan.
• Escalate issues as needed to resolve roadblocks.
• Ensure all project closeout documentation as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science or 3+ years
of IT Technical support experience, preferably in the managed IT service provider
• Strong technical experience with Windows, Android, iOS-based end user devices,
networking, printing, phone systems and application software configuration,
installation, testing, maintenance, and support.
• Specific experience with Windows 10, Meraki networking, Dell computers, Windows
Server OS, Mac iOS, printers, and conference equipment.
• Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing network equipment,
Windows servers and workstations, and Active Directory.
• Proven track record of deploying and supporting technology.
• Ability to train end users.
• Ability to multi-task and balance multiple competing demands.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal day to day
• Experience administering Office365 accounts and provisioning/supporting
Azure/AWS cloud environments.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with a focus on rapport
building, listening, and questioning
AddressBasking Ridge, NJ
Get fresh Lead Generation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.