Warehouse Attendant - VSN
Position performs warehouse tasks within a leading fire protection supplier, operating required equipment, and retrieving or stock desired materials. Position requires knowledge of all shipping, receiving, and packing processes and standards set by the company.
- Performs repetitive or routine warehousing tasks involved with shipping, receiving, will-call, inventory control, and/or material handling.
- Operates forklift in order to pick orders or receive in stock. Completes daily lift equipment inspections. Uses forklift to load and unload pipe and other material from flat bed and/or box type trailers.
- Pick orders by utilizing RF technology and/or by identifying items on a paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description.
- Utilize JDE operating system in inquiries for shipping and receiving functions.
- Lift boxes of material to and from locations for shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
- During packing confirm correct material pulled during picking process.
- Ensure all materials a packed properly.
- Utilize Varsity system to get packed materials shipped correctly.
- Operates shrink wrap machine to ready crates and boxes for loading process.
- Operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Performs job duties within the guideline of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Uses all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as mandated per job function.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain professionalism with customers and coworkers.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the warehouse lead, warehouse manager, or branch operations manager.
- Minimum of 6 months in a previous warehouse or material handler position
- Basic keypad and/or keyboard skills
- Prior experience with RF technology used in bar coding environment helpful
- 1 year working in a multitask environment while under time constraints
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals
Viking GroupPhoenix, AZ
Transportation and StorageView All Viking Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.